Great Wolf Lodge Review & Giveaway (Win a 2 Night Stay)
Recently, my family and I were asked to visit Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, Texas. To make the drive even easier, we were given a 2011 Chevy Malibu for the weekend as well. The Chevy Malibu was fully loaded and made for a smooth ride to Texas.
Great Wolf Lodge is a massive indoor and outdoor water park, meaning you can enjoy this unbelievable park anytime during the year. The above picture (click on the pictures to make them larger) is an amazing 4-story fort packed with water fun on each level. Then, of course, there is that 1,000 gallon bucket of water that falls every few minutes on the guests below…or the unsuspecting mothers below.
The picture above is the view of the outdoor water park from our balcony. We were given a KidKamp Suite, the room is quite large with a pull out sofa as well as a double bed. The most impressive part, however, were the bunk beds in a separated area of the room. The kids had their own beds, tv and table to play on. It was awesome!
Before our trip, I found out if you or your child has food allergies, the chefs will prepare meals any way you need them. In our case, we bring all of my son’s food with us in coolers so we were thrilled to find out each room has a refrigerator and microwave. But, if you have food allergies on a less severe level, the special food preparation is a BIG plus. Actually, that was a big deal to me as very few companies understand food allergies. I was impressed to say the least.
The water park contained the biggest water slides I’ve ever seen (yes, I was too chicken to try them) as well as a splash area for young ones, a lazy river, wave pool, adult pool and an pool full of obstacle courses. My kids are ages 2 & 5 and there were tons of things for them to do. I’ve never seen my kids so excited.
I was pretty sure both my children and my husband were going to turn into fish as we splashed and played all weekend long. My oldest son still has not stopped talking about and honestly, I haven’t either.
Great Wolf Lodge not only offers a massive water park, but also story times, an arcade, a spa for moms and a spa for little girls (pictured below). They also offer a teenage room complete with a DJ and tons of internet accessible computers.
Wouldn’t you like a pedicure while sitting on a large banana? I would! Believe me, there is something for everyone at Great Wolf Lodge and we’re already trying to figure out when we can go back. For those of you wondering, Grapevine is about 4 1/2 hours from Tulsa. Not a bad drive for such enormous amounts of fun.
How are you going to save while taking this awesome trip? Well, being Money Saving Queen, you knew I’d give you a few tips on that…
1. Bring your own food & water: The rooms are equipped with refrigerators and microwaves and since bottled water will cost you more than $2 each, you’ll seriously save money by bringing your own. We ordered pizza from the Pizza Hut located inside the lodge and then saved some for lunch the next day. We did bring coolers full of food but that was for my son, we didn’t have enough room to bring our own. But, I would highly recommend doing so.
2. Get the lowest rate: The lowest rates are Sun-Thurs nights especially during the school year. In fact, now is the time to go. If your child can take off a few days of school, then you could save some serious cash on this trip. Our room which was normally $225 per night would have been only $147 for Sunday night.
3. Get the Deals: Check out the Great Wolf Lodge Great Deals page, follow Great Wolf on twitter, facebook and sign up for Great Wolf e-mails. They send out deals on a regular basis, plan your trip around the sales…just like groceries!
Also, Great Wolf will be on Undercover Boss (my favorite show) this Sunday, October 3, 2010 on CBS. Can’t wait to see that!
Now, I suppose, you’d like to know how you can go to Great Wolf Lodge absolutely free…well, you’ve got to win this great giveaway! Great Wolf Lodge is going to give one lucky winner a 2 night stay at Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, Texas. Do I hear a hallelujah out there? I know, it’s amazing! Be sure to use all the ways below to enter to increase your chances of winning. Drawing will be held October 8, 2010.
How to Enter:
1. Post a comment and let us know why you’d like to go to Great Wolf Lodge. (Be sure to use your real e-mail address so I can contact you if you win.)
2. Tweet this contest on twitter using the hashtag #ChevyGWL. Be sure to tweet your friends about it too. I’ll be following the hashtag on twitter, but just in case I miss your entry, come back here and leave a separate comment letting me know you were tweeting. (For example, your tweet could look like this: Just entered the Great Wolf giveaway #ChevyGWL http://www.moneysavingqueen.com/2010/09/great-wolf-lodge-review-giveaway-win-a-2-night-stay.html).
3. E-mail or share this contest on Facebook: Leave an additional comment below letting me know you were sharing.
Disclaimer: I was given one free night at Great Wolf Lodge, we stayed an additional night at a discounted rate.