Time for Easter parties and fun activities with the kiddos! Everyone loves those cute Pinterest treats but what about a healthy option? As in, a healthy option that actually tastes good AND looks adorable? Yep, I thought you’d like it! 🙂
Check out these super cute bunny treats:
- 1 tub (7 oz.) original hummus
- 1 package of baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa
- (optional) celery stock leaves
- A sharp kitchen knife
- Clear plastic cups (found at Dollar Tree)
1. Fill your plastic cup with the hummus. (1) 7 oz. tub will fill 1 cup entirely to the top. You can purchase smaller sized cups to be able to make more with 1 tub of hummus.
2. Use a spoon or small food strainer to spread the unsweetened cocoa on the top of the hummus. This will be your “dirt”.
3. Take the pointed end of a knife and hollow out a small hole in the top of a baby carrot.
4. Place a bit of hummus into the hole and place one of the celery leaves in it. This will make it look like a real carrot.
5. Serve with additional carrots or your favorite whole grain chips for a delicious and nutritious treat!
See how easy? Perfect for a class party!