When we think of planting a garden, we usually picture a large field or backyard but, you don’t need either of those things for a good garden! I love container gardening simply because it’s easy and containers do not take up your entire yard. Plus, my kids love it! Every single year, we plant new veggies in large containers. Think outside the box for this one, use an old wheel burrow or random pots, buckets, etc. Get creative and make your garden look amazing!
This is a great activity for kids, it gives them a chance to not only see where their food comes from but also gives them responsibility for taking care of that food. Plus, gardening is no easy task! You and your children will benefit greatly from the exercise!
Want to start your own container garden or conventional garden? Check out these tips:
- Start small and let kids choose what to plant. Offer guidance and make sure there are some sure-success plants among their picks.
- Let your kids get dirty and explore nature!
- Find healthy recipes and plan to plant some of the ingredients in your new garden. Click here to find delicious healthy recipes!
- Whether it is a plot in your back yard or just a few pots, find the best location for your seeds and plants.
- If you and your family are in the heat, make sure everyone stays hydrated while working in the sun!
Want to see one of my containers? Check out the video below! For more information, visit ShapeYourFutureOk.com.