Looking to save money? I’ve been eyeing a FoodSaver for a long time and right now, there is a $15/1 printable coupon available! Looks like a good deal, I also found this version on Amazon for only $62 (normally $129). If you’re interested in saving money long term, this is a great buy!
This new Amazon subscription looks pretty amazing! The STEM Club delivers science, technology, engineering and math toys straight to your doorstep every single month for only $19.99! STEM toys are a hands on experience, encouraging your child to learn through play.
The subscription is divided up in to three age groups, 3-4 year olds, 5-7 year olds and 8-13 year olds. The STEM program offers a wonderful foundation which children can build upon as they age. Check it out for yourself and sign up for the Amazon STEM Club subscription.
I have lived in Oklahoma since I was 3 years old and even though tornadoes are our thing, you never really get used to them. Just like my fellow Oklahomans, I have hid in bathtubs, closets, under desks and more recently, in our own tornado shelter. In this state, I truly believe a tornado shelter is one of the best investments you could ever make. You would not believe the peace of mind it brings!
That all being said, it’s March and we have already been greeted by a tornado watch. That means, it’s time for me to vacuum out the shelter and get all the gear ready and I’m sure you’re thinking the same thing too. A few years ago, I came up with a little tornado checklist and I go back over it every single year.
I thought I would share my list with you today in case you’re new to our windy weather or just want a little recap. It never hurts to be prepared!
10 Things You Need to Be Prepared for Tornado Season
- Weather Radio: Do not rely on your cell phone to see you through a storm, it is super easy to lose service. Invest in a weather radio that is battery powered which means, you’ll need some extra batteries too.
- Flashlights and Lanterns: These lanterns are the absolute greatest thing. They are bright and last forever plus, they’re easy to grab during a storm and easy for your kids to hold too.
- Water: Ideally, you’ll want about one gallon of water per person. I grab a case of water and keep it in our tornado shelter.
- Shoes: Do not forget shoes. Keep them near your shelter (bathtub or closet) especially if the weather is questionable. You don’t want to be caught in a real tornado having to walk through fallen trees and splintered wood barefoot.
- First Aid Kit: Skip throwing a few things together and purchase a real first aid kit. You’ll want to be prepared especially if you have kids.
- Cash, Credit Cards & Your ID: Make sure your money and ID is easy to grab in the event of a storm, you’ll need those items if something really hits. Even better, put them in a plastic Ziploc bag so they are not damaged by any water, you can throw your cell phone in there too.
- Medication: Keep a bag nearby and throw all of your medication inside. Similar to the bag with your money and ID, you’ll want this to be easy to grab in the event of a real emergency.
- Batteries & Chargers: Do not forget extra batteries, you can always stash candles and matches too but batteries are a must have for flashlights especially if the electricity is out for quite awhile.
- Pet Supplies: Anything you need for your pets, have an emergency stash ready to go and consider toys, blankets, etc to help keep pets calm.
- Extra Clothing: Just in case you are woken up in the middle of the night by tornado sirens, you’ll want to have some extra clothes. Get together a stash of clothing and keep it in your shelter or nearby so you can grab in a hurry.
Being prepared is a big deal, these things are not what you want to worry about while you’re tracking a storm. Gather as much as you can together now so you are completely ready to go. If you need more information about tornadoes and tornado preparedness, please visit RedCross.org. And, don’t forget to download all your favorite weather apps!
I am a procrastinator. As in, I’m the 10 minutes before it’s due, sweating, hyperventilating and losing my mind kinda person which means “meal prep” just sounds scary to me. That being said, it is also the best thing I have ever done.
Meal prepping is just that, preparing your meals in advance. This method is helpful for anyone but especially those trying to eat healthy as it will make healthy eating convenient and easy. And, it’s not nearly as hard as it sounds.
Simply gather up your recipes for the week, buy what you need then, cook and store the meals in the proper containers. You can actually prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner this way if you’d like. For me personally, I prepare my lunches for the week on Sunday. I am using running around during the day and I need healthy lunches on the go, meal prep does just that. It makes eating on the go a breeze and controls what I eat as well.
You will accomplish two major things with meal prepping:
- You’ll Save Time: Spend a couple of hours on Sunday preparing your meals for the week. That’s it. You’re done. Now, when you come home late or you’re running from school to soccer practice, dinner is already ready to go.
- You’ll Save Money: Plan your menu around your stockpile and what is on sale, it’s that simple. If you are shopping strategically, you will already be saving 30-50% on your grocery bill. Then, if you prepare the meals in advance, you won’t be running back and forth to the store all week or running through a drive thru.
Of course, there are plenty of other benefits such as healthier eating but, saving time and money is pretty universal with this method. Preparation is also the biggest player in the money saving game, when I teach my coupon workshops we focus on preparing your shopping trips and meals as a way to avoid having to revisit the grocery store multiple times a week or spending a fortune at a restaurant.
A little word of advice, I would invest in the right gear. Using food containers that keep your food fresh is also pretty important, I would hate to spend the time prepping only to find spoiled food later in the week! Check out these storage containers:
Those containers are perfect! Just yesterday, my sister in law shared her meal prepping for the week also in the correct containers to ensure the food stays fresh. Check this out:
Isn’t that gorgeous? I promise, this will make your life easier and it will save you money. Hurry, time to get preppin’!
My son recently celebrated his 11th birthday this summer and it was a blast. He knew he was having a family and he knew the activities planned be he had no idea there would be confetti.
In fact, no one knew about the confetti but me. I picked up the confetti poppers at a local craft store and filled them with confetti, passed them around quietly and we waiting until the big birthday song.
Confetti is a simple thing that can change everything. It glitters, it’s gorgeous and it completely took my son off guard which was hilarious.
That was one of my favorite simple moments. A moment with family and a moment my son will not forget. This past week, we also decorated gingerbread houses. Another great family moment my kids loved and so perfect for this holiday season. It is these little bits of time that mean so much.
Just like confetti, gingerbread houses are a total mess. They’re beautiful, they are fun but the pieces of candy, icing and gingerbread is all over my floor and table.
Enter Bona products. Recently, I was given a chance to try out the Bona mop and wet and dry cloths. Now, I don’t have to spend all day cleaning up or get so worried about the mess that we lose all the fun. Our whole family can simply enjoy the process.
Bona products save you both time and money which means you’ll spend more time to enjoy your simple moments. It takes only a few minutes to get my floors looking spotless.
Take a few minutes to find out more about Bona and enter to win a chance to try the products for yourself! Right now, you can enter to win $100 in Bona products plus, a $150 Spa Finder gift card so you can also enjoy your simple moments.
Enter the Bona Giveaway here.
Enter to win $100 worth of Bona products, to get started on your own holiday cleaning – and a $150 SpaFinder gift card, to help you enjoy your “simple moments”!
Giveaway Terms & Conditions:
The contest runs until December 20, 2016 at 11:59 PM PST. The winner will be notified directly by Facebook messenger on or before December 27, 2016. Entrants must be residents of the US and 18+ only. Winner will be randomly selected from entries via the Rafflecopter widget.