Have you seen Anna’s 2017 List of Cheap or Free Summer Family Fun in Tulsa? It is THE list of summer fun and if you’re looking for something to do this summer, this is the list you need. She’s been putting this list together for years and I’m sure you’ll find some unexpected things on there. The best part? The free & cheap! This list is designed for families on a budget!
Summer break is almost here! Are you ready? If you’re a procrastinator like me, you’re probably scrambling trying to figure out what in the world you’re going to do this summer. I have five boys, believe me, I’m scrambling. One of the things my kids love is soccer camp.
Soccer Synergy camps are designed to functionally incorporate all the elements of being an athlete: nutrition, flexibility, psychology, speed and strength, technique, attitude, leadership, becoming a good teammate, all blended into a model representing the complete athlete, the total game, the entire person.
Here’s the list of available day camps:
Day Camp 1: 5/30 – 6/2
Synergy Juniors: 6/5 – 6/7 (6-7PM)
Day Camp 2: 6/5 – 6/8
Residential/Commuter Camp: 6/11 – 6/15
Synergy Juniors: 6/26 – 6/28 (6-7PM)
Day Camp 3: 6/26 – 6/29
Day Camp 4: 7/10 – 7/13
Synergy Juniors is a specific curriculum built for boys and girls ages 2-5. Each camper will be coached to understand the basic principles of soccer using fun as a means to learn. Players will experience numerous different technical skills in various soccer activities.
These camps are fun and affordable, your kids will love them. Plus, for our Money Saving Queen readers, Soccer Synergy is offering 10% off when you register your child for camp.
Visit Soccer Synergy Camps and enter the code moneysavingqueen17 for 10% off.
(Code is good from now until 6/15/17 at Midnight and it includes Day Camps 1 – 4 + Synergy Juniors + Commuter/Residential (not valid for College ID Camps)
Hurry! Sign up today!
Courtesy of ThisMommySavesMoney.com.
Here is a list of Summer reading programs for you and your children to enjoy. Children can lose up to 2 months of reading achievement during the Summer months. Help your children gain reading skills instead of losing them, with these fun Summer reading programs that will engage and reward your children. (This list will be updated regularly with more details and programs as they become available).
- Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge May 8th- September 8th Read & log minutes all summer. Take weekly challenges & earn rewards. Help set a new reading world record! The theme this year is Happy Camper: Take a Reading Adventure! Throughout the summer, students will log their reading minutes, earn digital rewards, and access fun reading activities. Sign up Here
- Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program: This Summer, continue to read books! Children in grades 1 – 6 get ready for a Summer of reading adventures! Read any eight books this summer and record them in your Summer Reading Journal . Bring your completed journal to a Barnes & Noble store between May 16th and September 5th, 2017. Choose your FREE reading adventure from the book list featured on the back of the journal.
- Chuck E Cheese’s Read a book every day for 2 weeks and get 10 FREE Tokens at Chuck E Cheese’s. One free token award per child per day. Food purchase is required. (Valid through 12/31/17)
- Sylvan Book Adventure: Book Adventure is a free, online reading program for children in grades K-8. Kids learn to love reading through interactive tools, games and motivational rewards. At Book Adventure, reading is rewarding! Within the Prize Library, kids can search for a prize they’d like to win or exchange points for a prize they have earned by reading books and answering quiz questions correctly. Register here
- Books A Million (Have yet to update their program for 2017) Choose four books from the Summer Reading Adventure section. Read the books and record in your reading journal. When complete, have your parent/guardian sign your journal, then turn it in to your local store to get a free James Patterson Middle School Lunch bag.
- Lifeway Stores Summer Reading Program Kickoff Party May 26—27. Come in store to grab your FREE Summer Reading Program Journal, Bookmark and Pencil. Program runs June 1 to Aug. 31. This program is geared toward grades 1 through 6, but all are welcome to join in the adventure. Summer R.E.A.D. program. Challenge: Read six books over the course of the summer and memorize six Scripture verses. Reward: Turn in a completed summer reading journal at your local LifeWay store to earn a free book and a new free Bible.
- Half Price Books: Kids 14 and under
This June and July, read 15 minutes a day. (Grown-ups may read aloud to kids who are still learning.) Use the reading log, add up your minutes and have your parent or guardian initial each week. Once you’ve reached 300 or more minutes, bring your log to your local HPB to claim your Bookworm Bucks. Bookworm bucks expire 8/31/2017. Full program details: found here.
Summer is almost here, time to start planning! Several theaters have listed their free and cheap summer programs, you can find the list of summer kids movies here.
Quick Links for Tulsa Theaters:
It doesn’t look like AMC or Warren Theatre have posted their summer movie schedules yet but they likely will soon so, check back!
This is a super HOT deal for those traveling to Texas this summer or if you live in Texas and are looking for a little summer fun. Right now, you can save 39% on admission to a Hawaiian Falls Waterpark!